It’s no secret that the body’s natural aging process can take a toll on our bodies. Over time, many women are left with loose or sagging skin on the arms. The arm lift procedure is becoming increasingly common among women, as it works to remove this excess skin and fat from the arms and restore a more appealing contour. Read on to take a closer look at the arm lift procedure.
What is an Arm Lift?
An arm lift is medically known as brachioplasty. It refers to getting rid of excess fat and skin around the upper arms. Sagging arms may be a result of constant weight fluctuations, heredity or age-related factors.
When Should You Go for an Arm Lift?
- The back of your arms sag and hang loose and make you look older and bigger than you are.
- You have excessive fat accumulation around the upper arms.
- Exercising does not help make the back of your arms tighter and firmer.
- You have trouble finding clothes that fit you because of your sagging upper arms.
How is an Arm Lift Procedure Performed?
- Liposuction – It is a process by which excess fat is sucked out of the body through small incisions made in the skin. For an arm lift, incisions are made in the area between the armpit and the elbow. The skin is sutured back into place after the liposuction is complete.
- Skin tucking – This refers to the process of cutting away excess skin from the body to correct sagging. In an arm lift, skin from the back of the upper arm may be trimmed if there is too much loose skin after a liposuction procedure has been performed. Scarring depends on the amount of skin that is cut away from the area.
Interested in Learning More About Arm Lifts? Contact Dr. Sanjay Lalla
For more information about arm lifts or any of the procedures we offer, contact Dr. Sanjay Lalla. We are located in West Orange and Jersey City and can be reached directly at 973.324.9455 and 201.763.6764. We look forward to hearing from you soon.