Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery Instructions
- Do not take birth control pills, asprin, ibuprophen , motrin,
Herbal supplements, vitamin E or green tea for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- No eating or drinking after midnight the day before surgery.
- Have prescriptions filled prior to surgery
- Arrange for someone to pick you up after the surgery and stay will you for at least 24 hours.
- Do not smoke for 3 weeks prior to surgery
- Supplies needed- Gauze, triple antibiotic ointment (Neosporin, bacitracin), compression garment.
Placing too much fat at one time for a more dramatic result is incredibly dangerous and can lead to life threatening complications. Dr. Lalla will remove and place as much fat as safely possible. This is often a staged procedure for those who would like a very large buttock. Studies show that up to 50% of the fat placed will be reabsorbed within a year. Full results for liposuction takes 6 months.
For optimal results
Do not put pressure on area fat is placed for 2 weeks, pressure on the area can destroy transplanted fat. Sleep side to side.
- Start walking as soon as possible, this helps with swelling and decreases the chance of blood clots. Walk 5-10 minutes 4 times a day.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Deep breathing and coughing are important after surgery to prevent pneumonia
- Start taking antibiotics the day after surgery
- Do not drive for one week and while taking pain medication.
- Wear compression garments 24/7 for 6 weeks compressing the areas liposuction was performed.
- You may get the area wet after 2 days. No baths for 1 month.
For all medical questions, please call 973-324-9455.