Brazilian Butt Lift
Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery Instructions
Important Instructions for Your Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure
- Do not take birth control pills, asprin, ibuprophen , motrin,
Herbal supplements, vitamin E or green tea for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- No eating or drinking after midnight the day before surgery.
- Have prescriptions filled prior to surgery
- Arrange for someone to pick you up after the surgery and stay will you for at least 24 hours.
- Do not smoke for 3 weeks prior to surgery
- Supplies needed- Gauze, triple antibiotic ointment (Neosporin, bacitracin), compression garment.
Placing too much fat at one time for a more dramatic result is incredibly dangerous and can lead to life threatening complications. Dr. Lalla will remove and place as much fat as safely possible. This is often a staged procedure for those who would like a very large buttock. Studies show that up to 50% of the fat placed will be reabsorbed within a year. Full results for liposuction takes 6 months.
For Optimal Results
Do not put pressure on area fat is placed for 2 weeks, pressure on the area can destroy transplanted fat. Sleep side to side.
- Start walking as soon as possible, this helps with swelling and decreases the chance of blood clots. Walk 5-10 minutes 4 times a day.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Deep breathing and coughing are important after surgery to prevent pneumonia
- Start taking antibiotics the day after surgery
- Do not drive for one week and while taking pain medication.
- Wear compression garments 24/7 for 6 weeks compressing the areas liposuction was performed.
- You may get the area wet after 2 days. No baths for 1 month.
For all medical questions, please call 973-324-9455.
When to Call
If you have increased swelling or bruising, increased redness along incision, pain not relieved by medication, fever greater than 100.4, yellow or green drainage or foul odor from incision, bleeding from incisions that is difficult to control with pressure, loss of feeling or motion.