Facial Procedure Surgery Instructions
Important Instructions for Your Facial Procedure
- Do not take asprin, ibuprophen, motrin , herbal supplements, or vitamin E for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- No eating or drinking after midnight the day before surgery.
- Have prescriptions filled prior to surgery.
- Arrange for someone to pick you up after the surgery and someone to stay with you for at least 24hr. after the surgery.
- Do not smoke for 3 weeks prior to surgery
Supplies needed – Gauze, triple antibiotic ointment (Neosporin, bacitracin ),
We will call you the day after surgery, Dr. Lalla has a blocked number, please pick up
- Ice areas 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off while awake for 2 days.
- Sleep with head at a 45-90 degree angle to decrease swelling for 1 week.
- You may wash your face and shower 2 days after procedure.
- Start walking as soon as possible, as this helps with swelling and decreases the chance of blood clots. Walk 5-10 minutes 4 times a day.
- Drink plenty of fluids- 8 glasses a day. Eat normally after surgery- you will need the calories to heal.
- Deep breathing and coughing are important after surgery to prevent pneumonia.
- Take antibiotics starting the day after surgery.
- Do not drive for 1 week and while you are taking pain medication.
- Resume sexual activity as comfort permits.
- You may use scar cream on incisions once incisions are healed and when advised by Dr. Lalla.
- Avoid exposing scars to sun for at least 12 months.
Take over the counter stool softeners if you have any constipation.
What to expect-discomfort, swelling, bruising. These symptoms will resolve in time. Swelling will decrease over first 3 weeks.
When to Call
If you have increased swelling or bruising, increased redness along incision, pain not relieved by medication, fever greater than 100.4, yellow or green drainage or foul odor from incision, bleeding from incisions that is difficult to control with pressure, loss of feeling or motion.
For all medical questions, please call 973-324-9455.