While plastic surgery might be right for some patients with the noticeable signs of aging on the face, it’s not the only option available. Dr. Sanjay Lalla of West Orange, NJ is a firm believer in using a more practical and conservative approach to addressing fine lines and wrinkles on the face. Along with cosmetic injectables, such as Botox and dermal fillers, he also provides fat injections.
Understanding fat injections
Fat injections, medically referred to as “autologous fat transplantation” or “microlipoinjection,” is a way of removing fat from one area of the body and injecting it back into the face to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The same fat can also be used to add volume in specific areas of the face to improve the contours and enhance its overall balance and harmony. With fat injections, patients can address two areas at once. Liposuction is used strategically on one area of the body where excess fat remains, is purified, and then reinjected into the face.
What are the advantages of fat injections?
When it comes to fat injections, there are many advantages for patients to consider when thinking about surgical or nonsurgical enhancements to the face. Fat injections:
- Are very affordable for our patients and eliminate the need for early intervention facelifts
- Provide more lasting effects than other injectables such as Botox or dermal filler
- Eliminate the risk of rejection or allergic reaction as the fat is harvested from the patient themselves
- Can improve volume in sunken areas of the face, such as the cheek area
- Are effective at addressing deep lines, depressions, and folds in the facial area
- Delay the need for surgical interventions
- Are done quickly and easily in the plastic surgeon’s office
Schedule a visit with Dr. Sanjay Lalla of West Orange, NJ
If you want to find out more about fat injections, we encourage to consider working with a board-certified plastic surgeon for this procedure. Dr. Sanjay Lalla is located at 383 Northfield Avenue, Suite #102 and accepts new patients. To see before and after photos of this procedure, click here. For more information, call (973) 324-9455.