Complete Mommy Makeover Plastic Surgery
While having children is a rewarding experience, childbearing and breastfeeding may lead to an array of physical changes and aesthetic concerns. Mommy needs some love, and a mommy makeover can help restore her body pre-pregnancy. Further, even women who have not had children can benefit from a mommy makeover.
Industry-leading and board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Sanjay Lalla remains dedicated to helping moms look and feel their best. Whether you want to lift drooping breasts, erase stretch marks, contour your waist, dissipate fat pockets in the abdomen, or eliminate a sagging tummy, Dr. Lalla has a Mommy Makeover solution for you!
I am THRILLED with my “new” body! The implants were just the right size and my breasts look as “perky” as ever. My belly is flat again and for the first time, I feel “sexy” and “noticed.” I can’t help but stare at my body in the mirror every time I pass! Not only is Dr. Lalla a skilled surgeon, but he also has amazing “bedside manner,” explaining what to expect each step of the way, helping with decisions so my new look would be the right one for ME (not just the biggest) and following up after the surgery to ensure I was as comfortable as possible.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
Usually performed as a single-stage procedure, a Mommy Makeover uses a combination of techniques to rejuvenate a woman’s body, restoring the appearance diminished by pregnancy. Procedures include breast augmentation or reduction, breast lift, buttock augmentation, labiaplasty, liposuction, and a tummy tuck. Patients work with Dr. Lalla to choose which procedures will accomplish their body goals.
- Breast Augmentation or Reduction: Pregnancy and breastfeeding cause significant changes to the size and shape of breasts. For women with overly enlarged breasts or a deflated chest, breast augmentation or reduction surgery can help achieve a more proportionate look.
- Breast Lift: Post–pregnancy and breastfeeding leave some women with drooping breasts. Dr. Lalla can remove and reshape breast tissue and excess skin to achieve a youthful pre-pregnancy contour.
- Buttock Augmentation: Weight fluctuations caused by pregnancy often leave patients unsatisfied with the size and shape of their backside. Using either buttock implants, or natural fat transfer with a Brazilian Butt Lift, Dr. Lalla shapes your buttocks for natural–looking fullness.
- Labiaplasty: Giving birth requires significant changes to a woman’s vagina. During a labiaplasty procedure, Dr. Lalla reshapes or reduces the size of the labia to improve the appearance and offer more comfort when wearing clothes, exercising, or during sexual intercourse.
- Liposuction: Stubborn pockets of fat that refuse to dissipate with diet and exercise can be removed through liposuction. With assistance from a guided laser and ultrasound, Dr. Lalla uses a small tube to suck out any unwanted fat reserves leftover from pregnancy.
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): During pregnancy, moms endure considerable stretching of the skin and abdominal muscles. To remove excess skin, any remaining belly fat, and restore weakened abdominal muscles, Dr. Lalla will perform an abdominoplasty.
Why Should I Get a Mommy Makeover?
Women were resigned to living with these natural changes in their bodies. Now, more women want to rejuvenate their breasts and tummies to the youthful firmness they enjoyed before having children. These post-maternity breast and body reshaping procedures can be done collectively. Stretch marks, loose abdominal muscles, skin laxity, and sagging breasts combine to leave you with a figure that you no longer recognize when you look in the mirror.
Many women opt for a mommy makeover because it has no set components; each procedure is custom-tailored to fit the individual patient’s unique needs. Dr. Lalla’s attentive and compassionate care has satisfied hundreds of Mommy Makeover patients across northern New Jersey.
Mommy Makeover Procedure Overview
First, you will have an initial consultation with Dr. Lalla to discuss concerns, needs, and goals for the Mommy Makeover. Dr. Lalla will walk you through your treatment plan and offer instructions on how to best prepare for surgery.
During the surgical procedure, Dr. Lalla will administer general anesthesia. Then, depending on your customized plastic surgery plan, Dr. Lalla may perform a tummy tuck, buttocks implant, or a breast lift to produce your desired results.
As multiple surgeries are performed at once, recovery is considerable. The length of recovery varies by the scope and invasiveness of the procedures, ranging from a few weeks to a few months. Women can expect to wear elastic bandages for breast support, and a compression garment in the abdomen, waist, or buttocks to reduce swelling and offer support as your body heals. Dr. Lalla and our team will clearly instruct you how to have a full and efficient recovery with follow-up appointments to ensure you are healing correctly.
Who is an Ideal Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Women who are in good physical health and are unhappy with their post-pregnancy bodies are good candidates for a Mommy Makeover. Moms should lose most of their pregnancy weight before the surgery as well as stop breastfeeding. A Mommy Makeover is typically performed 6 months after pregnancy. However, women should postpone a Mommy Makeover surgery until they are completely done having children, as pregnancy may reverse the results of the cosmetic procedure.
From Our Blog
Need a lift? Dr. Sanjay Lalla delivers beautifully crafted breasts with our very popular breast lift procedure! Learn more…
Schedule a Mommy Makeover Consultation with Dr. Sanjay Lalla
Dr. Sanjay Lalla has the expertise to give you your ideal post-pregnancy body. If you are interested in Mommy Makeover plastic surgery, contact our team by dialing (973) 324-9455, or visiting one of our offices in West Orange and Millburn. Your dream body awaits!