Personal Plastic Surgery's Tummy Tuck Surgery
A healthy diet, regular exercise, and a positive lifestyle are essential for a tight, flat abdomen. But sometimes excess fat will not respond to sit-ups, crunches, or low-calorie salads. But when administered successfully, a tummy tuck can get rid of the excess skin of the abdomen, giving you a more athletic, firm, and attractive look.
Our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Sanjay Lalla, has over three decades of plastic surgery and cosmetic procedure experience. At Personal Plastic Surgery, we perform tummy tuck surgery to boost patients’ confidence and help them achieve their desired body proportions. Aging, genetics, prior surgeries, pregnancy, or weight fluctuations can impact skin elasticity and deposits of fat in the abdomen.
With the advancements in medical technology and cosmetic procedures, tummy tucks remain one of Dr. Lalla’s most popular surgeries to enhance a patient’s abdomen. Patients love the look of their new flat stomachs after surgery under Dr. Lalla’s exceptional care!
Considering Tummy Tuck Surgery?
My belly is flat again and for the first time, I feel “sexy” and “noticed.” I can’t help but stare at my body in the mirror every time I pass! Not only is Dr. Lalla a skilled surgeon, but he also has amazing “bedside manner,” explaining what to expect each step of the way, helping with decisions so my new look would be the right one for ME (not just the biggest) and following up after the surgery to ensure I was as comfortable as possible.
Tummy Tuck Videos
Full Tummy Tuck Animation
Mini Tummy Tuck Animation
What are the Different Types of Tummy Tucks?
At Personal Plastic Surgery, we know each patient has a unique set of desired outcomes, which is why Dr. Lalla customizes each abdominoplasty to better accommodate individual needs.
- A complete abdominoplasty involves a hip-to-hip incision made just above the pubic area. The muscles are tightened with sutures and excess muscle and fat get trimmed away. Plastic surgeons may then use Liposuction to smooth the transition areas between the abdomen and the flanks.
- In partial abdominoplasty, the incision is less extensive, and the abdominal skin is not completely detached from the underlying tissue. This tummy tuck surgery is less extensive than a complete abdominoplasty.
- An extended abdominoplasty is a complete abdominoplasty performed in conjunction with a lateral thigh lift. The lateral thigh lift shapes the flanks and can smooth out the contours of the upper thigh.
- A high lateral tension tummy tuck is a new procedure. Abdominal muscles are tightened horizontally, as well as vertically as is done with standard abdominoplasty, resulting in a flatter abdomen and a more defined waistline.
- Circumferential abdominoplasty is an extended abdominoplasty combined with a buttock lift. This is also called a belt lipectomy or body lift. The scar completely circles the body like a belt. This cosmetic plastic surgery is most appropriate for individuals who have experienced massive weight loss, and want excess skin trimmed away.
- A mini abdominoplasty treats baggy skin hanging in the lower stomach area commonly called the navel. By removing excess skin and fatty tissue from this area, patients can improve their contours and improve laxity and bulge in the lower abdomen.
Tummy Tuck Procedures Overview
Every procedure with Dr. Lalla begins with a one-on-one consultation appointment, so we can understand your expectations and goals. Additionally, we provide a safe space for patients to express any concerns and ask questions about the procedure. After considering all factors, Dr. Lalla will provide a surgical treatment plan that best fits your needs.
During the procedure, you will undergo either general anesthesia or intravenous sedation. Dr. Lalla will then make a horizontal incision between the pubic hairline and the belly button. Depending on the amount of excess skin the shape and size of the incision may vary. Dr. Lalla will repair the underlying weakened abdominal muscles and pull down the upper abdominal skin, trimming any excess skin and suturing the incision. The results are a flatter, more proportional abdomen.
Recovery times differ depending on the tummy tuck procedure. Most patients will wear an abdominal binder for about six weeks to support the abdomen and avoid any fluid buildups. Patients must refrain from vigorous physical activity for at least six weeks. The procedure does produce a permanent scar, but its size depends on the extent of the surgery. Dr. Lalla and Personal Plastic Surgery’s attentive team will walk you through the steps necessary for a complete and efficient recovery.
Who Qualifies for a Tummy Tuck?
The best candidates for a tummy tuck are in good physical condition but have pockets of fat or loose skin that have not responded well to diet and exercise. Older, slightly obese people whose skin has lost some of its elasticity will also benefit from a Tummy Tuck. But if you intend to lose a significant amount of weight, we recommend you reschedule the procedure because the skin in the abdominal area typically loosens after substantial weight loss.
Tummy tucks can also be useful for women with stretched skin and muscles from pregnancy. Results from the tummy tuck procedure will diminish if women continue to bear children, so we advise patients who plan to become pregnant to consider postponing this procedure until they finish having children.
From Our Blog
Looking for a full-body transformation? Get your body back with Dr. Lalla’s ultimate Mommy-Makeover! Learn more…
Schedule Your Tummy Tuck Today
Assuming you maintain a consistent weight and a healthy lifestyle, you will enjoy the results of your tummy tuck for many years! Schedule a consultation with Dr. Sanjay Lalla today to see how you can quality for a Tummy Tuck. With two conveniently located offices in West Orange and Millburn, our team is ready to offer you best-in-class care and help you achieve your desired body! Dial (973) 324-9455 to get started!